Thursday, December 25, 2008

A very nice holiday...
















Well I must say it was a very nice holiday inspite of the fact that I am ready to fall over. I have been sick for about a week, with me trying to keep up with all the holiday stuff, cooking and family coming in it finally caught up with me today. I went to take a nap after the kids opened their gifts and woke up almost 4 hours later. YIKS! Anyway, we have really enjoyed all the family. My lil sister came in on monday. and my Dad, Dan, came in on sunday and we were able to spend monday & tuesday with him, which was really nice. My sister and my Dad came to the Cub Scout Meeting and were guest speakers to help teach the boys about Engineering. It was pretty cool watching them ask questions. Then on Tuesday night late Penny came and she was here till this afternoon. We also had my Stepdad, Dennis and his girlfriend Candi come for dinner last night. Its been a whirlwind, but wouldn't trade it for anything. We are very blessed with our family. This coming week we are planning to head over and visit with my Dad, stepmom, sister, nephews and some friends. So we will probably have a small celebration with them too.
So my stepdad came over Christmas Eve and he had all the gifts out, each kid had one gift. So he had them open their gifts at once. They open it up and Ryan got a half gone roll of toilet paper, Ethan got a partially used toothpaste, and Megan got a bar of soap. So the kids were like what the heck and Dennis and his girlfriend kept razzing the kids. So then they just started passing our gifts to us and were being super sports about the whole thing. So the next thing Pappy (Dennis) says is oh you know I think I might have left another bag outside and he came in with their gifts. They were sooo suprised. And truly we all got a good giggle out of it. So thats our Christmas funny!

On a side note, this is the 2nd Christmas without my mom and this was such a special time of the year with her. It was something that we really got into and I truly do miss the spirit within her for this holiday. She is always close to our hearts.

No comments: