Wednesday, August 22, 2007

3rd Day DRAMA... (upset stomachs, headaches and bloody noses)

Well I actually got Ryan to sleep last night and he set out happy and ready for school. Well 8:20 the phone rings and its Ryan's teacher. She says she has him in the office and he is unconsolable (sp?). I talked with her that he is having alot of anxiety about the school change and she asked me to talk to him and just get him calmed down. Well Rob and I took turns talking to him for almost 30 minutes. He was literally hyperventilating on the phone. UGH!!! He went through the whole gammit of problems (tummy ache, headache, naseau) trying to get himself home because he basically is not wanting to allow himself to adjust. Finally after trying to reason with him I said bottom line... we can do this everyday but the same outcome will happen, you will STILL be in that classroom. So please take a deep breath and go have a good day. I am hanging up now. He took a big deep breath and told me he loved me and I told him I loved him and to please have a great day. Soooo after all that about 40 minutes later the school calls and the clinic has Ethan with a headache and tummy ache but no temp (do you see where this is going? ) UGH! I explain about Ryan and that yes Ethan has been having headaches, but he had Motrin in the am and should be ok. So she she sent him (reluctantly) back to class. Well about an hour later again a call from the clinic..... Megan had a bloody nose. Well she wouldn't tell her what happened. Well I get on the phone and she is just bawling and asking me to please come get her. She tells me that a boy stuck a straw up her nose. So I ask for the nurse and told her I would come hug her in a minute. I get there and hug and love on her, she clearly still had blood around her nostril. I spoke with the asst principle who was supposed to talk to the teacher and said girl. I told him that I just wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. I also spoke to him about Ryan and he is going to have a counsler speak to him. So now you see that I am emotionally tapped!!!
Can you believe this all in one day? By the way they all got off the bus happy campers... I pray tomorrow is an easier day. Can you imagine if I had a job and had to deal with this all?

No comments: